- You should be testing yourself every Monday and Thursday, and reporting your results to the NHS here and to the School here.
- You can collect your home test kits from MetFilm School reception anytime or order them online here.
- By testing those without symptoms it will better enable NHS Test and Trace to identify those individuals who are asymptomatic and are highly likely to spread the virus, so that the chain of transmission can be broken.
- If you are experiencing any Covid-related symptoms, you should isolate together with your household and book a test through the NHS – you should not take a lateral flow test if you are displaying any covid-related symptoms. You can find information about testing if you have symptoms here.
What are Lateral Flow antigen tests?
- Lateral Flow antigen tests (LFTs) are used to test asymptomatic people (those who are infectious, but not aware of this).
- This enables the Government/NHS Test and Trace to identify asymptomatic cases who are at high likelihood of spreading the virus and break the chain of transmission.
- LFTs detect the presence or absence of coronavirus by applying a swab or saliva sample to the device’s absorbent pad.
- The sample runs along the surface of the pad, showing a visual positive or negative result dependent on the presence of the virus. The tests have been validated by Public Health England.
Do I have to take a test?
- Participation is entirely voluntary, on an “opt in” basis. As a responsible institution, we are keen to do everything we can to support the local, national and international effort to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
- We are proud of the positive contribution we make to society, including during the pandemic.
- We strongly encourage you to take the test.
How is the test taken?
- The test involves applying a swab to the throat and nose. Guidance comes with the test kits, and you can get further guidance here. The sample is processed with equipment provided in the test kit, and the results are available in 20 to 30 minutes.
What happens if I return a positive LFT result?